Thursday, October 29, 2009

Weekend in Vegas, Birthday Pics & Sonny And Cher

Jamis had a CLE in Las Vegas last weekend and so I went with him and we made it into my birthday weekend as well. He went to lectures all day and I got to lay out by the pool. We stayed at the Mirage and the pool was amazing. It was so nice to just relax and take time for me, although I'll admit, at first I felt almost "lost" I didn't have anyone needing anything from me, nothing to clean... We went to the top of the Eiffel Tower, ate sushi and other deliciousness, watched the water show at the Belagio (my favorite thing to do in Vegas), went to the Beatles "Love" by Cirque du Soleil, did a little shopping at the outlet stores. It was such a nice break, but as always at the end of my little vacations, my arms are ready to be filled with my babies and I'm ready to jump back into my life.
Jamis chillin in the hotel room.

Us in the hot tub at the mirage pool. No not the topless pool, the regular one. :)

HAPPY BIRTHDAY TO ME AND JONAS!!
My cute neighbors decorated my front windows for my birthday.

Then out of my kitchen window I saw these cute signs.

This is probably the last year we can get by with just a little "family" party for Jonas. I'm sure next year he'll be old enough to know he wants a real party. I kept telling Jonas that it was his birthday and that it was mine too.. he got so mad, "no it's my birthday!". I can't believe he's 3. What an amazing journey we've had with him so far.


So, I've been trying for 8 years to get Jamis to dress up as Sonny and Cher with me. For 8 years he has turned me down. This year he finally consented, with one major condition. Sonny had to be a Zombie with injuries from his skiing accident that killed him and he wanted to carry a ski with him to the party. I gotta hand it to us... I think we looked pretty dang awesome! Jamis did his own makeup and wound. It was a lot of fun. And we took first place at our friends' annual Halloween party!


4 comments:

Anonymous said...

awesome! happy bday to you and jonas!

Arbon Family said...

FUN WEEKEND IN VEGAS!!! THAT SOUNDS LIKE A DREAM! Love the costumes too! Looks like you are doing good, I just wanted to say Hi!

Arbon Family said...

Oh Yeah- and Happy B-day!

Glitzy Glass said...

Finally! Glad you said hi! Hope you have a fab Mother's Day! I wonder when we will see each other again. That was sure fun to eat with you-with our hands!