Wednesday, October 21, 2009

Well, it's been a sad summer for blogging with the battery charger for our camera gone missing. We finally ordered a new one and now can take pictures again. My sister was telling me about a blog called Nie Nie's Dialogues. What an amazing story. She's so inspirational! I stopped blogging in part, because of the missing battery charger, (where's the fun without pics?) but mostly it was an excuse to stop. I struggle with writing. I want so badly to be witty, inspirational, authentic in my writing, but alas, that is not my gift. I FEEL so much. But when it comes out in words it often feels empty and strained. I remember when I was 17 sitting in a rain storm and being so overcome with the beauty of it all that I tried to write a poem. I would post it here if I knew where it was just for laughs. So, as I contemplated the end of my blogging career, the thought came to me, practice makes perfect. And, while my story isn't what some would consider amazing... it's still my story... and it deserves to be told. A very big part of my story is my amazing J. We met in the MTC. As cheesy as this sounds, I fell in love with his incredible spirit. I knew then that he would be a powerful tool in the Lord's hands. We've been married for a little over 8 years now. Jamis was called as the first counselor in our Bishopric. His first meeting on a typical Sunday morning starts at 6:00 am. Then he has meetings up until church starts at 9:00, then the 3 hour block, then usually 2 hours after church. That's 8 hours on Sundays! I'm not writing this to complain, but to thank him. I know it's early in this calling. But, not once has he groaned, or complained about the early mornings. He kisses me goodbye (5:45 am) and I get to roll over and go back to sleep. He puts in long ours at work, helps Dad with horses and hauling hay, and still manages to fill my life with love. He is a man of integrity, honesty. He is a great man. He is part of my story. I love you J.

6 comments:

Shelley Reid said...

He is a wonderful person. Darren and I have commented many times that he is such a genuinely good person (as are you!)
So glad that you are back blogging, I feel exactly the same way as you do. My brother is always telling me to keep it up so he can see what my kiddos are up to. You have inspired me to get my act together too!

Adrie said...

Glad to see your back blogging. Congrats to Jamis on his new calling! I am sorry that you don't have access to my blog anymore for some reason some people's just stop working anyways I don't have your email address anymore so email it to me at adrie_mattinson@yahoo.com
Thanks!
Adrie

threelittlebackseatdrivers.blogspot.com said...

Welcome Back! :p

threelittlebackseatdrivers.blogspot.com said...

HEY! How do you know Sara? She's my old roommate from college? :p

Anonymous said...

So glad to see you back... I tend to think of it as journaling! (not very good at that:) Just and FYI...I keep looking even when it's not updated just to see you and your cute family:)

Marcy said...

Shalei,

It was so nice to see you the other day! And it was fun to see this blog post turn up in my Google Reader. I'm glad you're blogging again--and so glad you have such a good husband--I love to hear about those :).

Marcy