
She's here!! Aleia was born October 12th at 7:53 in the morning. She weighed 7lbs 14ozs and was 19 inches long. I know most of you were expecting her name to be Daria... since that's the name we've been telling everyone for nine months.. We've had that name on our list since Naiya was born, have always loved it. For several weeks before she was born, I had struggled a bit with it, thinking maybe it wasn't her name after all. The night before she was born I was having serious reservations... I told Jamis I didn't think her name was Daria. He told me he'd been having the same feelings! I went in to my room and said a prayer... I know it seems silly, we named our other kids without heavenly help, but I was so concerned that I had no idea what this little one's name was going to be! As I stood from my prayer the name Aleia came to my mind (just with a different pronunciation) I went out to share it with Jamis and he suggested we pronounce it uh-lay-uh. The minute he said it I knew that was her name. She's beautiful and the kids are all so sweet with her. Jonas could hold her all day long, Adia sings her made up lullabys and Naiya wants to help in any way she can... including changing diapers!! My family is growing and I'm loving watching their personalities develop. Today I just sat and smiled as I watched them. I'm so blessed to be a mother.

1 comment:
Congrats Shalei!! She is beautiful!
Post a Comment