Thursday, September 16, 2010

Evening Run, Fall Leaves, Gratitude

I've been feeding the kids earlier so that when Jamis gets home, I have already done the 30-40 minutes of "eat your food, sit back down and eat, if you get out of your chair one more time, you're done..." etc.. So when he joins us, we've all but finished and he can eat in relative peace and enjoy conversation, then we have time to go out and enjoy the last few nights of warm weather in our newly sodded back yard. I didn't get my workout in yesterday morning, and so as bedtime was getting closer he told me he would put the kids to bed so that I could go for a bike ride or a run if I wanted. WOW! I was excited! It was such a beautiful evening for a run. The mountains are full of red and orange, the sunflowers are out everywhere and the sky was streaked with color. My little ipod shuffle brought up some instrumental music, that normally wouldn't really get me going for a run, but under the influence of the beauty around me it was perfect. I'm so thankful to Jamis for making it possible for me to go last night. I'm thankful also, to my Heavenly Father for my body. I'm thankful that it does all the amazing things it does. Moms do a lot of physical labor, and I manage to keep up with all three of my kids and their needs. I'm thankful to live in such a beautiful world, and I'm thankful that my spirit rejoices and sings praises to my God when I see His creations.

2 comments:

Glitzy Glass said...

Wonderfully said. Hi. Jason suprised me last night with watching and snuggling to a movie-no kids. We have not done anything of that nature since August. So, are you coming to Provo any time soon?

Laura Thompson said...

Amen, Sistah!